Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Beginning Of Us

As I begin to blog about me and Payton and our wonderful lives together, I find it only right to start at the beginning. It all started back in February of 2012, I was messing around on Facebook looking through my news feeds when I came across a post that was from Payton to one of his best friends who I happened to be Facebook friends with. I remembered him from high school, although we never talked, he knew my best friend Alyssa. I clicked on his profile and though that he was very attractive! So I did what any girl would do when they stumbled across a cute boy, I added him. Almost instantly he sent me a message telling me that I looked super familiar and where he knew me from. Of course I knew it was most likely a conversation started but hey it worked! We talked for a while and then we exchanged numbers. After that we talked all the time! Commenting on each others pictures, Facebook messaging, texting, and sometimes all three at the same time! We would stay up till 3 am talking and joking around. We talked pretty much everyday and I went on a road trip to Saint George and I couldn't seem to get my mind off of him (cheesy I know). Finally he asked me on a date. I was so nervous to meet him in person because we had talked so much over text, I was worried he wouldn't like me in person. He came to pick me up and he was a lot taller than I thought he would be and I was a lot shorter than he thought. I was so nervous on our date, which was crazy because I rarely was that way around guys. As he was at the door picking me up his car window somehow randomly rolled down and he couldn't get it back up. He opened my door as a gentlemen which was very impressive (he still does this every time till this day) and we drove up to Olive Garden. It was still the time of year where it was cold outside and sometimes snowed, so having the window down was kind of intense! We had our dinner and I was so nervous I could hardly even eat my food! After we went to the movie to see "This means war". On the way home it was dark out so having his car window broken was way more cold! He was nice enough to give me his jacket which I felt bad because the broken window was on his side! He dropped me off at 7 pm which was weird because I hadn't been home that early in along time. At that moment I knew he wasn't into me and that I probably wouldn't hear from him again. We said our goodbyes and I went in the house kind of bummed out. After a few mins he texted me telling me that he had fun and wanted to go out again and that he felt bad leaving so early but he had another obligation he had to be at. After that we still texted all the time until super late at night. We went out again to Trafalga and that gave us the opportunity to be a little more flirty and loosen up. We went back to my Alyssa's house to hangout with her and we couldn't stop flirting even around her. After that we went back to my house and I had a hunch that we were going to have our first kiss. We sat in my driveway for an hour! You could tell we were both wanting to make the first move but it wasn't happening. We continued hanging out and then almost a month later he FINALLY kissed me! Even after we kissed and talked all the time, for some reason I still was unsure if he liked me even though it was obvious! We finally made our relationship "official" on April 1st 2012. After that we were inseparable, but unfortunately he was leaving for Alaska at the end of May to work for the summer. I was super bummed out and worried because our relationship wasn't very serious at the time. As the summer arrived Payton left. But I feel like our time apart is what helped make our relationship stronger. About 2 months of him being gone I realized that I liked him a lot more than I thought I did. We finally, after 5 months of dating used the "L" word :). It seemed like the closer time got to him coming home the longer days felt. When he got home we continued our lives as they were before he left. On New Years Eve we were hanging out with him and his friends and he told them that he was going to marry me. We had talked about marriage before, but this was the first time he told other people. I was so happy to hear! We then continued to bring up the marriage talk more frequently and then a month or so later we looked at rings. It was such an exciting and surreal moment. All the rings were so gorgeous and I was so scared to try them on. The one I was completely in love with was online so we would have to order it. The downfall about this was that we wouldn't be able to see what it looked like in person or the size but I insisted it was "the one". 2 months later on April 1st 2013 (the same day we made our relationship official the prior year) he proposed! But that is a whole other story on my blog :)! Thinking back to when we first met, I didn't think we would of ever became serious, but here we are a year and a half later getting married! I couldn't be any happier with how my life is going. I wouldn't change a thing! All I can say is, thank goodness for modern day technology and Facebook ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment