Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'M ENGAGED!

It's official! I'm marrying my best friend and I couldn't be happier :)! It all happened on 4/1/2013. Yep April Fools day! But this is no joke! The significance of this date is that exactly one year ago from that day me and Payton made our relationship official, so it seemed only right to make our relationship "official official". It all started out as us going on an anniversary dinner date. Weeks before I kind of had an idea of him either proposing on our anniversary or on my birthday but as the day came I decided it would be too obvious for him to propose on that day. So we went to Chili's for dinner and after we went to his house. We got to his basement and he opened the door and Hershey kisses trailed to his room. There were also Hershey kisses in the shape of hearts along the way. My heart stopped at this moment! We followed the trails and it lead to a table with flowers, candles, and the ever so yummy Welch's grape sparkling cider. I couldn't stop smiling and I was speechless. All I could do was hug Payton and tell him how sweet and cute he is. I still didn't think anything of him proposing. Then on his bed there was Hershey kisses in the shape of a heart with his hat that he always wears right in the middle. I pointed it out saying it's funny how his hat landed perfectly in the middle, not even thinking anything of it. Then he turned on our song "Lime Tree", by Trevor Hall, and asked me to dance with him. I couldn't feel the love any stronger than I did at that moment. Then the song ended and he told me  to lift up the hat and see what was under it. I did and of course it was a box! He told me to open it so I did and guess what I found!.... A Hershey kiss! April Fools! I thought in my head as I laughed and said good one! Then he said were you expecting this? I turned around and there it was in his hand, the gorgeous ring that I had been dying to see! He then got down on one knee and expressed his love towards me. And of course it lead up to the big question! Will you marry me? And my reply was.... No... But then I said April Fools of course!! I am so excited to marry him! It couldn't of been any more special than it was. I love you Payton James Skidmore forever and ever!


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment